Saturday 1 July 2017

Honey I Shrunk the Kit!

Hello!

It genuinely does only feel like a week or two ago when we were sharing our creations with the last mini kit which Shona put together for us but it was actually back at the beginning of May and we are in July already!


This time around the lovely Hazel did the honours and created such a sweet and quirky set of images and elements around the theme 'Going Up'.  I had such fun with this and have 4 makes to share today:

I absolutely fell in love with the sweet Bella Stamps in the kit:

 
I gently inked the middle of the card and added a strip of die cut clouds.  I coloured the girl with spectrum noir pencils and the balloon with zig brush marker and wink of stella.  The sentiment is from Stamploration and I thought it worked well with the girl floating away.  I will link this card up at Simon Wednesday's Challenge where the theme is Anything Goes.  I will also play along at CASology where the cue card is Fly.
 

 
I watercoloured the image and inked the card base with raindrops to add to the rainy scene.  The lovely sentiment is from the kit too.



This koala and accompanying sentiment from Gerda Steiner is such fun.  I inked some clouds in the background and coloured the image with pencils.  The die cut sentiment is from MFT.

 
Finally, Hazel included some gorgeous die cut butterflies in watercolour paper in the kit and I used zig markers and a lot of colour to create an ombre look on them.  The bright colours look cheerful against the crisp white.  The sentiment is another one from Stamplorations.
 
I was really inspired by this kit - thank you, Hazel!  Check out what the other honeys made with the kit here:
 
 
Thank you for stopping by!
 
Sarah x

5 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous throughout Sarah! Your colouring is so perfect and I'm in awe. So many seamlessly blended tones and the little scenes you've created are show-stopping. Sorry but I can't pick a favourite ... I just love swooning at all the different takes with the kit. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so, so beautiful Sarah!! I have a soft spot for this demure little girl and I am in LOVE with how you have used her in the cards! I love your glittery ascent and border of clouds in the first, and the rainy stenciled scene you created behind the little bella girl in the second card adds so much interest (that sentiment in that delicately sponged circle looks AMAZING!!) Your little koala in the clouds is totally adorable too, and I am totally blown away by your ombre butterflies! Absolutely STUNNING!! Anyhow, hope you are still relaxed after your stint your in Spain, and thank you again for playing cards with me this month! I just adore what you have done with this kit!! Mwah!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful set of card? All of them are gorgeous. Love it. Thank you for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, fun set of cards, Sarah! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made it eventually, sorry I'm late! Loving these, Sarah. The soft blues of your first card just add to the light airy theme of your card, loving the gentle blend behind the clouds. The raindrop stencilling was a fabulous touch on your second card and a great choice to use primary colours. Your koala is coloured wonderfully and I love the big HUG you added. And fab work with your ziggy butterflies, those colours are amazing, what an eyepopping card. Getting my head in gear for the next kit now! xx

    ReplyDelete