Thursday 11 August 2016

Uniko Revisit

Hello!

We revisit a different Uniko stamp set each month - hopefully to give you ideas for making more use of your crafty stash and because it is good fun to think of different ways to use these beautiful stamps. 

This month we are playing with Pure Florals Chrysanthemum which is one of the earlier designs that Bev designed out and one of the most popular.  It is a gorgeous intricate floral design in both outline and solid formats and in two different sizes.

Here are a couple of cards that I created:

 
First up I stamped the outline flower in the background in a pale purple and stamped the solid flower in a slightly darker shade.  I watercoloured the leaves with distree ink.  I embossed a Uniko sentiment from another set in purple on to a vellum circle and layered it on top of the stamped card base.

 
I went with a really soft CAS design for my second card and stamped the flower in yellow and coloured with pencils.  I added the sentiment from the same set and finished with some pearls.  The flower doesn't stand out very well in the photo but looks better IRL ;)
 
If you have these Uniko stamps it is definitely worth getting them back out for another look - they are perfect for creating summer floral cards!
 
Thanks for stopping by.  Do check out what the rest of the DT have created over at the Uniko blog :)
 
Sarah x
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Well this has surprised me - the gorgeous colours on your second card have really drawn me in even more than the my usual passion for purple! Both stunning though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have showcased this beautiful bloom in yellow and purple. Such striking cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two stunning cards Sarah. I love the vellum sentiment circle on the first card, a great way to add subtle interest over the background stamping and pairs beautifully with the focal Chrysanthemum. Your second card is so pretty, soft and delicate, beautiful colouring too. Thank you for a wonderful showcase of this set. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving your colouring with pencils Sarah - you really are soooo talented with them and blend the colours perfectly. 2 fantastic takes with the set and so beautifully coordinated with pearls too. YUMMY! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these cards are just amazing! So delicate and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous...simple elegant cards x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Love these gorgeous Chrysanthemum stamps and your pretty color variations! I'm partial to the yellow one! Looks so fresh and clean with the white background! Beautiful coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your 1st card is very elegant with the vellum circle...like it a lot.
    And your other card is just lovely tooo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2 beautiful cards Sarah, I love the second one more!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colouring on your second card is fantastic, one can actually see the shape of the flower in 3D!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning, Sarah! This Chrysanthemum set reminds me of those that bloomed in my grandmother's garden. Oh, what a green thumb she had; her flowers drew neighbours from all over town, coming by to gaze in wonder. Her Chrysanthemums were show-stoppers...and your images have captured their beauty completely! Thank you for sparking treasured memories (as well as a wish for a garden of my own)...
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, I love your cards! Your first one is my favourite! This stamp is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you colored this yellow flower. Both cards are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete