Friday 5 September 2014

Joining Time Out!

Hello!

I am so excited today to be able to share the news that I am joining the Design Team at the fabulous Time Out Challenge!  It is one of my favourite challenges - I love the different themes that Sandie and Nonni come up with to keep us all inspired and the great projects that the talented design team create. 

Grab Our Badge!

So as you can imagine, I absolutely jumped at the chance when Sandie and Nonni asked me if I would like to join up :)  They are announcing some new members of the team today and I am particularly excited to be joining the team alongside some of my favourite cardmakers - go check them out!

I have made a few cards for the current challenge which is an Inspired by Words challenge based on the phrase  "If music be the food of love play on":

 
 
Can you tell that I like black and gold?!  I used an Indigo Blue stamp to create the music swirl on both cards, with a punched out heart stacked up on the first and singing birds gold embossed on the second.  I bought the bird stamp in Spain this summer and it is a hand cut rubber stamp mounted on to a wood block with the bark still on it - I will take a picture so you can see what I mean.  It gives a great impression!  The sentiment on the first card is from Mama Elephant and on the second from Hero Arts.

The current challenge closes at 5pm GMT on Wednesday 10 September so there is still time to take Time Out with us :)

I will link up with the current challenge at CAS on Sunday to use black/white plus one other colour.

I will also join up at this week's Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge to use stamping - their Stamptember celebrations are in full swing over there and are great fun!  Lots of inspiration....and great products.

Thanks for stopping by and for all of your kind comments - they make my day :)

Sarah x


11 comments:

  1. yipee, we get to finally welcome you officially!! So pleased you agreed to join us and these cards are just wonderful examples of your crafting skill! I adore the CAS design and the creative row of musical notes x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant!! These are a perfect example of the inspiration phrase, totally winning cards but somehow I don't think we will be in the running this week....our last week of being a 'player', next week 'DT'...its so exciting!!! Thanks so much for the tip about heat embossing. I haven't actually heard about heating from underneath so will definitely try that next. I just tried doing my first black heat embossing, was a total fail (was all bitsy) but had a lovely glossiness to it. Shame it was a disaster! So glad our secret is out, so looking forward to it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so elegant! congrats on ur DT gig :) will look forward to ur creations !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, I'm clapping wildly!! Congratulations on being appointed to the DT over at TOC! They are so lucky to have you on their team!! Your cards in this post just BLEW ME AWAY!! I love the black and gold, the clean, the simple ... just MWAH all around and total winners in my book!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Sarah! I am so happy for you, and I know you will truly be an asset to the team!!!
    Your cards are so beautiful, too! I love how you used black and gold on each one, yet changed your focal image...such lovely sentiments, too! I'm definitely going to check out the challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow congratulations and your cards are lovely. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your design team spot Sarah - so happy for you! Looking forward to seeing many more of your lovely cards - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woot! Woot! We're so happy to have you on the team. Your cards are fabulous and absolutely perfect for the challenge! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such stylish designs! LOVE your cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on being part of the Time Out team. The cards you've made for their latest challenge are proof that you belong there. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Black and gold is so elegant, love that the design works so well with the heart and the birds.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete