Tuesday 2 September 2014

A Touch of Luxury!

Hello! 

I hope you have had sunshine today :)  Typically as the kids go back to school the sun makes a reappearance so I have spent the day in the garden wrestling with weeds!

Given all of my manual labour in the garden I thought that I deserved a touch of luxury....which came in the form of the current challenge over at Addicted to CAS.  Here's what I came up with:


What could be more of a luxury than diamonds?!  I used this fab stamp from Avery Elle and combined it with a sentiment from Hero Arts gold embossed on vellum.  For added luxury I used a Memory Box stencil with gilding flakes to create the rays from my diamond.  WoS on the diamond and a few sequins to finish.  I like the texture that the flakes add to the card. 

While I was feeling decadent I made a card for the current challenge over at Inkspirational.  The inspiration photo is gorgeous:


I love peacock feathers so have gone for a very literal interpretation:



I have inked through a dreamweaver stencil, tapped some gold and teal sprays on to the card and added a gold embossed sentiment from Altenew's Label Love.

I will also make one last link up to Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge for Anything Goes.

I will be back tomorrow with another card.

Thanks for stopping by!

Sarah x

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful card full of luxury, all that gold!! And the CAS take on the Ink photo is just perfect, I do like the double coloured border. Thanks for joining us at Ink and ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just posted my card on the ATC blog and saw your golden, shimmery card there. Its fantastic, have never seen gilding flakes before, they really do add a luxurious touch to the card. And you can never have a big enough diamond, love how you stenciled the rays of light bouncing off all those carats. Looks like a definite winner to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a truly luxurious and gorgeous card! Love it! Also the second one! Great take on the inspiration picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome cards...really love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your diamond card really shines and I love that peacock feather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun background! I love the diamond on top of it. So luxurious! lol Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two really gorgeous cards, Sarah! I love how you used the gilding flakes on the first card, and your feather is absolutely stunning! You did an amazing job on all these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing!! I love how u dressed up the BG on ur first card, pure luxury. Thank you for sharing with ATCAS !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both your cards are luxurious! The first is absolutely stunning with that beautiful background; the second, elegant and classy, with the feather taking center stage! Thank you for sharing at Inkspirational Challenges!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both your cards are luxurious! The first is absolutely stunning with that beautiful background; the second, elegant and classy, with the feather taking center stage! Thank you for sharing at Inkspirational Challenges!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow... 2 beautiful cards! The color burst on the first card is so creative and I love the feather for the photo inspiration on the second one. Great feature piece! Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two gorgeous cads, I love your beautiful peacock feather and fabulous CAS design.
    Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational.
    Pauline GDT
    x

    ReplyDelete