Saturday 31 May 2014

Home sweet home!

Hello!

We are just back from a few days in Scotland for half term - it was great to have a break and spend time with the boys.  We have been to St Andrews before and love it around that area as there is lots to see and do including walking along the amazing beach at Tentsmuir and going to visit the pandas at Edinburgh zoo.  The little fishing villages along the east coast are beautiful and we stayed in a cosy cottage in Anstruther.  I will share a few photos later....

However, it is always nice to be home - particularly when there is crafting to be done :)

 
I got a set of Dear Lizzy journaling cards on sale at Hobbycraft and thought that they would be useful as stencils.  However, with this one I coloured a sheet of vellum in a rainbow of colours behind the sentiment and coloured/glittered a number of Studio Calico wood veneer stars as an embellishment.  No stamps at all on this one!!
 
I will join up with the current challenge at Addicted to CAS to add texture.  There are some gorgeous cards in the gallery there.... I will also link up with Anything Goes at Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge.
 
I'm off to play in my craft room so hopefully I will have more to share soon :)
 
Thanks for your visit!
 
Sarah x
 

7 comments:

  1. love the bright colours and use of the negative space. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out fabulous, Sarah! I love the rainbow of colors and how you added the stars!

    Your family time in Scotland sounds divine! Looking forward to some photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sarah, this is a stunner ... what gorgeous rainbow lettering, so fabulous with the strong grey and the scattering of texture-y stars! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be still my rainbow-loving heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun....I love the rainbow effect. Thanks so much for playing along in the Anything Goes challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun added stars for texture - Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this bold card and what a great idea to colour the vellum and place it behind your die cuts Sarah. It sounds as if you had a lovely time in Scotland! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete